Saturday 19 March 2016

A Little Africa in the Sewing Plans . . .





Greetings Y'all.

I'm trying to up the ante in my sewing projects tally. Each year I maintain that I will sew more than about five items, but life happens. My sewing mojo goes AWOL, my time is at a premium and my best laid plans are a figment of the past. I'm going to have to go back to resorting to rota's. I have no real excuse, I can make time, even if only ten minutes. I can do it!

I may not be able to complete an entire project but I could find the time for to iron the fabric and lay out on the cutting table with pattern pieces positioned appropriately. The next opportunity I have, I could cut out those patterns, another day I could pin and so it goes on. Even if I only have ten minutes I could sew a seam, and move the project on, albeit slowly. Yes ladies and gentlemen, I have big plans! Okay slight exaggeration, but you get the gist.

So that's where am at. Last time I posted I shared my  pop  art Marilyn Monroe cushion (image on the right). One of my favourite creations thus far. I have also made a travel  pillow and a sleep mask since I last posted. Will post in next post. Looking forward to utilising these if I 'ever' get to go on  holiday again! One lives in hope. But am working on it, finances willing. These little projects are so satisfying, akin to drinking a tonic when unwell. Gives me a boost and spurs me on for another more involved project.





Hoping my next project is a gathered skirt made with some cool African fabric, I secured from one of Abakhans bargain bins. If you have the time and inclination, one can find some hidden gems in these bins. They are like large skips partitioned off into fabric types. 


Well that's all for now.


Until Next Time

Sassy 

 







2 comments:

  1. As a person who likes to sew too I understand this text fully! Sometimes you plan big but then fail because there are lots of other stuff to do. Sometimes you might even need a right mood to continue your projects. Sometimes there is just not enough time. Sewing and handicrafts is not always the easiest hobby! :)

    ReplyDelete

Say Ya Piece . . .

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...