Thursday 12 May 2016

Pussy Galore Wide Legged PJ's




Remember Pussy Galore played by Honor Blackman in Goldfinger? Well, cos of all them kitties in my fabric, I couldn't resist calling my latest project after the Bond character.

The fabric is drape heaven, akin to a viscose. Procured . . . surprise, surprise from Abakhan's bargain bins. Love rooting in those fabric bins. Although, I didn't fare well looking for pyjama fabric, so when I seen this kitten fabric, I just grabbed it as I wasn't seeking anything special just something suitable to kick-start my project.  I don't wear PJ's for bed so it's no biggie that the fabric was not cotton or any other breathable fabric. Thought I would add that in case there were any pyjama purists reading this. Ok, I know there is no such thing but ya never know. 

I used the Margot Pyjama's, Sewing pattern from Tilly and The Buttons, Love At First Stitch Book. Fab book this one if you're on the lookout for a sewing book.  Like with most remnants I found I had insufficient fabric for a full length pair of pyjamas, but I wasn't losing any sleep over it. All I needed to do was shorten the pattern and I was good to go. Oh and I I opted for an elastic waistband rather than a drawstring.




Being in a can't be a**ed mood, I didn't follow the usual rules of modifying the length of a sewing pattern in order to keep the design, I merely folded the lower end of the pattern enough to accommodate my pattern. Naughty, naughty, I know.  I knew this would affect the width, yada, yada, but I wasn't fussed. After all, I was only wearing these at my modest abode, not at the Ritz.

Boy am I glad I went with my sew-flow, and played the rebel. Cos the result was a pair of wide legged, 3/4 length, bad a**  PJ's.  I love them! They looked fab on! I felt fab in them! What more does a gal want from her PJ's?  Plus they reminded me so much of  a pair of wide legged summer 3/4 length trousers, I loved about a decade ago. I had forgotten all about them. They were the type of easy breezy trou. you wished you would have bought in every colour. Great if like me you have a lot of days where you feel as though you are chasing your tail.




The beauty of hindsight in this scenario, is I can goddamn make them now rather than shelling out cash.  I am going to trace this version of the Margot PJ to make several pairs of wide legged light summer trousers. My sewing pulse is beating ten to a dozen, just thinking of it. I will obviously change it up somewhat so they have a cool urban appeal.



I added one of my sewing related charms to the back waist. Cute eh?  Sorry but I can't hold it in any longer I'm going to have to burst into song .


♫ The hills are alive with the sound of music.



Until Next Time

Sassy

 







3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sassy,

    Thank you so much for the Facebook mention!

    The charm adds a very nice touch to your PJ. Lol @ "burst into song" The Sound of music remains one of my favourite movies

    Have a lovely day. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Say Ya Piece . . .

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...